Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gerry Goose & Other Adventures...

The end of the semester is fast approaching and it has been an absolute blast to hang out with a bunch of crazy exchanges students from many different European and Asian countries. This weekend we have been partying and getting ready to go to St. Petersburg on Monday!! On Friday evening, Gerrit (my wonderful German friend who knows me better then I know myself...he's a mind reader- creepy!!) and I decided to celebrate the end of a stressful week by sharing a few shots of the always fabulous Grey Goose vodka. This is Gerrit's favourite and has hence been named "Gerry Goose". It was a very interesting evening to say the least!

American Thanksgiving Chefs Michael & Courtney, Kajaani UAS Finland, November 2008

Tonight, we celebrated American Thanksgiving. Michael (Gerrit's flatmate & my new friend from Austria/Bavaria) and I even cooked a ham with scalloped potatoes and corn!! For dessert, I made my infamous Apple Crisp. I have made it so often here in Finland I could probably do it in my sleep now!! We had an amazing meal and it was shared among great friends. If not for Michael, Gerrit and Charlie (my German "flatmates") and Lolo and AD (the french connexion), I am not sure if I would be laughing as often as I do now! Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in America, whether you are at home or abroad!!

The snow is falling in Finland!! It is like a winter wonderland. I have taken some photographs but it is nothing compared to the experience!! I quite enjoy waking up and looking out my window to see the snow gently falling on the ground. It is peaceful...that is until I go outside and freeze my butt off!!! Snow may be pretty but the weather is Killer Cold!!!!

The first snow on campus, Kajaani UAS Finland, November 2008

Well Monday morning at 4am, our exchange group will be departing for Helsinki and St. Petersburg in Russia!!! This is a trip that I have worked hard in planning the last couple months and I am so excited to finally be experiencing it!! I will be thinking of you all, even though I may not be on Facebook or my blog that often. I will post pictures when I get back to Kajaani UAS!!

Love You All & Miss Ya Heaps!!!

xoxo Courtney "Canada" Whitney

No comments: